Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Compulsive blogging... :P

Hey everyone.

I thought my posting in here was getting a bit excessive, so I tried to lay off for a little while, but now I've come across some cool stuff and I can't help but share it with you! Heh.

Alright. So, first and most recently-come-across, we have the ultimate manifestation of online identity construction: the bot. See SexyGrrl16, created and controlled by Triffid_Hunter, for an example. (Bots per se aren't new to me, but this link to share with you is.) Notoriously found in chatrooms, bots are little programs designed to appear like fellow online users. Bots serve various functions; for example, to moderate real (whatever "real" means) users' behaviour in a chat room, to log and statistically analyze chat room content (example here), or to "interact" with, or at least respond to, other chatters -- this last function is usually primarily for the bot creator's amusement, and is exemplified in the case of SexyGrrl16.

And here we have a blog about female gamers, or women in gaming at least.

I thought there was something else I had stumbled across and wanted to show you but I can't find it now. Nevermind. :)

Hope we're all having a very enjoyable study break.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home