Thursday, September 16, 2004

Greetings, fellow cyborgs.

A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of this essay, which I thought would be good for us all to read.

It starts off by suggesting to the reader that all creations are laden with the values of their creator(s), and that this is not always immediately apparent to the creator(s) but becomes so when excluded populations are discovered. From here the discussion develops into one of gender (female) representation in computer games.

I particularly like the way the author discusses real examples very closely and doesn't stray into an abstract argument based on opinions and potentialities. If you ask me for any negative criticisms I have about this essay, I'll need a while to think.

If you can't be bothered reading the essay itself, I think it's worthwhile reading the comments at the bottom of the page.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home